Thursday, April 05, 2012

April Already?!

I realized that I completely missed the month of March... wow.

Although I am still not working, I feel like life with 2 kids is SOOO busy! Days go by so fast, then turn into weeks, then months... I mean, my baby is almost 1 already!

Anthony is continuing to do well in school. They have started basic addition and subtraction, are working on combining sounds when reading, and of course learning the fun stuff like ladybugs and caterpillars. :) He had spring break last week, and I was honestly dreading it because some days it is so hard to give him my undivided attention, but we spent a lot of time playing games and I think he really appreciated that. He has had quite a hard time with Byron getting so much attention, and some days he walks around with a HUGE chip on his shoulder. It's been a little rough. All part of learning to have a sibling!

Here he is today working on some puzzles. The kid is SO good at them!





Getting so big!


On to baby Byron...

This kid is in to EVERYTHING!!!! Every kitchen cabinet, the dog's water, the TV cords, my breakables, the dog's crates, my china hutch, the list goes on and on.... He will even go into a room, close the door, and play with the doorstop! He keeps us jumping, that's for sure! He is rarely content to just sit and play with toys, which is what Anthony did. Nope, not him! Ironically, he's not walking yet! The kid can cruise all over the place, but when we try to walk with him or practice it, he just wants to sit down and protest. The past couple of days, though, we have caught him taking a few steps on his own, or standing for 10+ seconds with no assistance. I think he is getting braver. :)

He adores Anthony, and has to try to play with/take everything he has, which of course doesn't make matters any better!

Even though he is fussier than Anthony was overall, he is a really good baby. It has been such a wonderful blessing to be able to stay at home with him for this long.

Always a smile for the camera...







Proof! Playing with Anthony's cars :)



I was able to participate in my first Boutique last month. I scrapbooked picture frames, and also photo/recipe boxes. Although I didn't quite meet my goal, I still did well enough to want to particpate in the fall events and try to pursue my hobbies while making some money, too!


As for a "real" job, I have been applying for them since the beginning of January, and only one interview. Really? This has definitely been playing with my confidence, and whether or not I made the right decision to change career paths. Very frustrating!! I know God has a plan for me; maybe it's to stay home a little longer. Just have faith, right?



1 comment:

Anne said...

I can't believe how big your boys are getting! And I can't believe Byron is almost 1 already...seems like just yesterday! Glad to hear the boutique went well!! Good luck with the continued job hunt. I know you'll find something when the time is right. Miss you!